Water Research Australia is an independent, not-for-profit research organisation that is member-driven and funded. Members include Australian water utilities, academic institutions and state health regulators. This Fact Sheet has been developed to provide information for the water industry about the COVID-19 virus (SARS-CoV-2) and implications of the virus for the management of drinking water and sanitation systems.
Topics covered include:
- What are coronaviruses?
- What is SARS-CoV-2?
- What are the implications for water and sanitation systems and workers?
- Working around wastewater
- Disinfection of water and wastewater
- Risks to continuity of supply and public concern
- Water quality monitoring and research priorities